This program 1007-34728 is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 4.00 Veterinary Nurse CE Credits.
VetFolio and AAHA are pleased to present this nurse-specific Diabetes Educator Course. Anyone can participate in this course, however only nurse are eligible to receive CE credit.
Are you an AAHA member? Don't forget to use your special discount promo code. If you haven't received your promo code, please contact AAHA for more information.
Successful management of diabetes mellitus takes nothing less than a team effort. While technicians have always had a role in diabetes management, completion of this course will empower them to be the team's "go-to" supporter of diabetic pets and the people who care for them.
You must be logged in to the account intending to take this content prior to purchasing. Orders purchased under one login will not be accessible under another. Thank you for understanding.
• Module 1: An Introduction to Diabetes – Dive into basic information on diabetes in dogs and cats, including how diabetes develops, is diagnosed, and treated, based on the AAHA Diabetes Management Guidelines for Dogs and Cats. This is an important foundation for this course.
• Module 2: Preparing Owners of Diabetic Pets – The owner of a diabetic pet will be an extension of the veterinary practice team at home. This requires intensive education and support from the Diabetes Educator. This module will discuss home-care team responsibilities, how to identify and avoid diabetic emergencies, and highlight available resources.
• Module 3: Feline Diabetes – It's no secret that cats are complex. This applies to feline diabetes as well. Learn how feline diabetes differs from canine diabetes, which insulins are typically used, how to identify and manage stress hyperglycemia, and reach the ultimate goal of diabetic remission.
• Module 4: Canine Diabetes – Diabetes can't stop a wagging tail, especially when the Diabetes Educator and client understand the unique needs of a canine diabetic. Learn which insulins are most commonly used, how weight plays a role, and the goals of treatment.
• Module 5: Diabetes Education for the Veterinary Team – An educated, prepared, and organized team is vital for successful diabetes management. Learn to leverage your support staff by educating them on how to manage common client questions and understand when a diabetic emergency may be occurring.
• Module 6: Navigating Diabetes – Diabetes mellitus is a complex disease that requires a lot of effort from the practice and the home-care team. This module will teach you how to make the job a little easier (and less intimidating) for both.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER